Redirect is a Joomla 1.5 port of the new Redirect component that comes with Joomla 1.6.
Redirect allows you to detect when Joomla cannot find a page (typically called a 404 error) and then allows you to redirect those pages elsewhere to avoid the error. This helps to avoid penalties search engines apply to your page ranks due to excessive errors.
Redirect can be a valuable tool when you are reorganising the menu for your Joomla web site, or you are changing settings (like turning SEF on after going live) or for site migrations to Joomla when you need to refer old URL's to new ones.
- Automatically detect and log when Joomla does not find a page (404 errors).
- Counts the number of times not-found pages are being hit.
- Bulk add a redirection link to existing error pages that have been logged.
- Joomla 1.5.19+
- PHP 5.2.4+
All extensions are automatically installed from the one package.
- The Redirect administrator component (com_redirect).
- The Redirect system plugin.
- English language files.
License and Support
This extension is free to download and use on any number of Joomla web sites. It is released as Open Source under the GNU General Public License.
No official support is provided. However, usage difficulties can be reported on the Art of Joomla project tracker.
Thanks to JXtended for allowing this in-house product to be released freely to the Joomla community.