Engineer is a set of utilities for Joomla developers that assist them to package their extensions for distribution.
- Edit XML install files for all extension types.
- Automatically determine the files required for the Extension.
- Automatically determine the menu items required for Components.
- Add custom install and uninstall scripts.
- Automatically create a zipped tarball for distribution.
- Joomla 1.5.7+
- PHP 5.2+
This extensions requires a medium to advanced working knowledge of Joomla to configure and use to its maximum potential. It is suitable for Joomla extension developers.
All extensions are automatically installed from the one package.
- The Engineer backend component (com_engineer).
The next version of Engineer can be followed at the Engineer SVN repository at joomlacode.org. Current goals include having Engineer incorporate an MVC component builder that can be used for Joomla 1.5 or Joomla 1.6 extensions.
License and Support
No documentation available.
This extension is free to download and use on any number of Joomla web sites. It is released as Open Source under the GNU General Public License.
No official support is provided. However, usage difficulties can be reported on the Art of Joomla project tracker.
Improvement suggestions are welcome. Commissioned feature improvements can be negotiated.